- by BLE Mobile Apps
The wearable apps technology market is expected to cross 830 million active wearable devices by the end of 2020. Wearable technology is advancing well enough as it meets the necessities that boost its creation. They are making a substantial mark in the wearable devices market.
Types of Wearable Apps and Platforms
The wearable apps are quite predominant in the health care, fitness, travel, retail, finance, business, entertainment sector, and still expanding. They come in various designs, and there are several platforms available for developing the various wearable applications. So based upon the number of platforms such as Android wearables, iOS wearables, and others, the cost also varies.
1. Smartwatches – they are the best companions for smartphone applications since inception. But the recent advancements are bringing in standalone smartwatches too. The Android watch app development and iOS watch app development are highly sought after by the users.
2. Activity & Fitness Trackers – they are the wearable devices most coveted by the health-conscious consumerism. They offer real-time health tracking, status updates, and event reminders. They also are considered a style statement due to their attractive design. They are designed to meet the purpose of smartphones, making them handier to use. Some of them are Garmin, Fit bit and Samsung Gear Fit
3. Smart Glasses – they are one step above the VR headsets, although not that immersive, and they add an information display layer at the top of the user’s vision. Their application is widely prevalent in industrial and technical responsibilities. E.g., Epson Moverio, Sony Smart Eyeglass
4. VR Headsets – they are well-known as the most immersive wearable devices in today’s tech world. It is widely applied across many industries as it is designed to provide a combination of a real and virtual interpretation of the world to its users. E.g., Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Google Daydream View
There are also Smart clothing, Smart jewelry, head-mounted displays, implantables, and many more.
Factors Affecting the Wearable App Development Cost
Knowing precisely how much it would cost to develop a wearable app depends on several aspects.
For any specific wearable app development, the cost estimate will significantly vary according to the app features, app development process, the technology stack used at different levels, working hours, and delivery period. So, apart from that, we will give you the other factors that affect wearable app development cost.
1. User Research – Two things you need to think upon – who will be your users? Who uses wearable technology? It clears a lot of unnecessary glitches along the way of your development process.
2. App Design – this is the most crucial element when it comes to wearable devices app development. A usual Wearable design will include watch faces, notifications, voice commands, and native apps. The complexity of building UI and its integration with front and backend for wearable is different from those of web and mobile applications. Notifications offer the lightweight experience of displaying contextual data that is useful from the app launch. Watch face, wear apps, and voice commands are some of the design features.
Also, it must have minimal UI/UX, and interactions should be lightweight, quick look design, offline usage, among others.
3. Wearable Apps Development – Android wearable vary in terms of design and functionality as the interactions will be fewer, utilizes watch-based APIs, features of a smartwatch, and access to standard Android APIs.
iOS wearables have their own set of the ins and outs. It raises the cost of development. It differs for standalone expansion as apple has enabled this feature recently.
4. App Testing – the testing and app maintenance costs are on the higher end when compared to mobile applications. It is because of:
- Data syncing among a smartphone application and their linked wearable app.
- Testing level complexities
- The difference in screen size
- The primary device’s battery life is crucial when testing a wearable application.
- Testing at different instances, such as when the primary device is turned off, is to find out loss of data occurrences
- Only a few emulators are available which automatically surges the cost
These factors are responsible for cumulatively adding up the development cost of your wearable app.
Although not trusting the un-intelligent sensors devices can bring down your cost. Technology is continually improving, and so should product to survive in the competitive market. Thus, being prepared to update and expand can drastically cut off some slack. Think of the Idea first and then contemplate the device according to your plan.
We excel in wearable app development technology and offer innovative solutions for our clients. We have a skilled in-house team that can help you develop wearable apps or re-engineer your existing mobile applications that are compatible with wearable devices. Send us what you are looking for at email@example.com